Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Between the rains

The sun was shining for a few minutes, so I snapped a shot of the main garden beds.  You can see the new tomato and basil plot on the left here (and notice the lovely lillies blooming in the background).
I'm trying to make my garden a little more beautiful this year by adding as many flowers as I can affordably tuck in.  I think I've spent too much time on plants that produce food and haven't fully appreciated plants for their beauty.  Hopefully they will also lure in some pollinators!
The native honeysuckle is finally blooming.  It doesn't smell as lovely as the invasive japanese honeysuckle, but there is plenty of it in the neighborhood and I can smell it every evening. And the roses have been beautiful so far this year.  I need to train this one up and over the shed if possible.


 

1 comment:

  1. Your garden looks so nice!
    Its cool that you are so close to me...
    When you left the comment about rappahanock county it stopped me in my tracks for a moment, I dont know why I always assume everyone on the internet is so far away from me...

    ReplyDelete